10.03.2012

MAGIC.

Today was a grumpy madeleine day.
i tried really hard not to be, but my lack of sleep and itchiness was really getting to me!
so i apologize to my mom and gabrielle, for the "mad madeleine" that came back a little today.
(mad madeleine was my nickname from the ages 8-11).

but for some good news!
i went to the
"witch doctor" or so they call her.
I am kind of hoping she will become my fairy god mother, and work some serious magic.
I have basically been to every kind of doctor, and she was my last resort.
Today i found out...
1. my digestive system is totally messed up.
2. the antibiotics (i've been on for over a month) have been feeding my psoriasis.  (making it worse).
3. the steroids, which i've been on & off of were also feeding my psoriasis.
4. i am completely and totally mineral depleted.
5. SUGAR (which is my absolute favorite) also feeds my psoriasis. which is very unfortunate for me  (sugar being the only thing keeping my mood somewhat content).
- - - - - - - 
Speaking of witches and things of that sort.
my little sister told me that i have "witch hands" and that they look like they came off of the movie tangled.
-she was completely serious.
we laughed...
and then i became self conscious.
and to get rid that that self consciousness.

here are my witch hands: 
(ps. i am absolutely loving my current nail polish)
ANYWAY. the doctor gave me quite a hard TO DO list.
1. i can only eat organic meat and vegetables for the next two weeks.
(almost passed out when she said that.)
2. i have to have a cup of water with a teaspoon of baking soda, twice a day.
3. i have to drink a cup of water with 5 drops of melaleuca, four times a day.
(it has quite a terrible taste if you didn't already know.)
4. mineral pills.
&
5. probiotic pills.

While she was telling me this, the only list i was thinking was:
1. no sweets.
2. no sweets.
3. no sweets.
4. no sweets.
&
5. no sweets.

wish me luck!
oh, and ps. today i had for the first time in a long time, the feeling that i am going to get better!
cloud 9 status for sure.
happy wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Madeleine. Listen to me. I have a ridiculous obsession/addiction to sweets as well! Seriously. If I don’t get something sweet every day I feel like I’m going to blow up. It’s terrible. I’ve REALLY wanted to work on this for a loooonnngg time but I’ve never had the motivation/dedication. But your post has given me some inspiration and I am GOING TO DO THIS WITH YOU! Starting tomorrow I am NOT eating any sweets for two weeks! This is going to be hard, but I really want to do this. And if you have to do this because of some dumb dumb sickness that’s been given you for no apparent reason, I’ll do it out of commiseration. You can do this! We can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna! you are a sweetheart. seriously, you make me happy. and i am so glad you are attempting this with me! YES WE CAN DO THIS! can't wait to watch both of us "addicted to sweets" accomplish this!

      Delete
  2. What happened to Master Madeleine? haha just kidding, I just remember that being your old e-mail nickname. I'm glad to hear that your psoriasis is finally getting better, that seriously sounds so horrible. I had hives in 4th grade for 2 months so I can relate. Maybe you remember that actually. Except, probably not because I think you had Mr. Cox. Anyways, I commend you for staying sane through this. For the record, I think your "witch hands" look lovely and not one bit witch-like. I love that nail polish too.

    ReplyDelete